CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 7, 2008

I Guess I Are a Redneck Afterall....

I just did something disgusting. In the interest of preserving some sacred quiet 'Mommy' time....I just filled my coffee up in a dirty coffee mug! See I only have two mugs that I use, mostly because they are equivalent to about 3 cups of coffee...(so if you ever hear me say I had two cups of coffee this morning, I really had 6!) These mugs can always be found either at my desk; dirty, or in the dishwasher. Well apparently I didn't wash them this weekend and this morning they were both sitting here dirty. The house is so quite...it is so peaceful....I fear that my typing alone is going to rouse everyone from their slumber.....

When I heard the coffee pot stop dripping and my mouth started to water for that first good taste (and my body started to ache for that first good rush) I had a dilemma. Running the water in the kitchen long enough to get hot water would most certainly wake my toddler, who is asleep in my bed and the lightest sleeper on the planet! I mean seriously, the process of sneaking out of bed without waking him takes about five minutes and requires an enormous amount of creativity, trying to situate pillows to feel like "mommy" all snuggled up with him...

So I thought screw it....what's a little dirty coffee ring in the bottom of my cup and a little creamer 'scum' on the rim gonna hurt! I filled 'er up and drank 'er down! I chuckled thinking of my Dad as I was doing this. He is the ultimate hillbilly....and he will insist that you never ever wash a tea pitcher or a coffee pot....you wash away all the good flavor! (good flavor that has accumulated for years mind you!~flavor and God knows what else!) If you looked in his tea pitcher in his fridge I guarantee you would see the muddiest looking color of stained plastic you have ever seen. And if he catches you trying to wash it, he will quickly tell you to 'git!' and grab it from you. The most you are allowed to do is rinse it!

I guess these hillbilly habits run in my veins as well because I am about to go get my second cup (or 6th, however you want to look at it) of dirty coffee!!!

3 comments:

Mum-me said...

Ha!Ha! That made me laugh. No, a ring around the bottom of the coffee cup won't hurt every now and then. I so know what you mean about not wanting to wake The Toddler by running water. I am impressed that you can find the time and mental energy to write poetry when you have a toddler to look after. Good on you!

The Pastoral Princess said...

LOL! You have no idea how many poems never get written! They fester in my head, begging to be put on paper but I am too busy with the kids to write...then when I do have time to write...the words are gone....happens all the time.

kelly said...

ha! i loved this. i'm sure you are not the first, nor the last!