CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Simple...

So after I blogged about my Poo Poo Pity Party yesterday I decided Mommy needed a little pick-me-up. So I got Grandma to babysit for a few hours, I went and got my haircut, got some color to highlight it (my sister in law is my stylist~I can get all kinds of goodies that way), came home and vacuumed the house and started in on my hair color adventure. My hair is short and black, but I have a fondness for cherry red chunks of highlights on occasion. I think it helps me hold on to the tiny little part of the punk rock chick that I used to be! LOL! I watched my soap...in peace and quiet...while I colored my hair and then went back to pick up the kids for a nap.

On my drive home there was a song that came on the radio that lifted me out of the fog. The song symbolizes everything I want for my boys, the reason I wanted to give birth to boys, the reason I chose to stay at home to raise my sons, and it epitomizes so much of my life. It was if God wrapped his arms around me and reminded me that this is right where I belong....

Simple Man
Mama told me when I was young
Come sit beside me, my only son
And listen closely to what I say.
And if you do this
It will help you some sunny day.

Take your time... Don't live too fast,
Troubles will come and they will pass.
Go find a woman and you'll find love,
And don't forget son, There is someone up above.

(Chorus)
And be a simple kind of man.
Be something you love and understand.
Be a simple kind of man.
Won't you do this for me son, If you can?

Forget your lust for the rich man's gold
All that you need is in your soul,
And you can do this if you try.
All that I want for you my son,
Is to be satisfied.

(Chorus)

Boy, don't you worry... you'll find yourself.
Follow you heart and nothing else.
And you can do this if you try.
All I want for you my son, Is to be satisfied.

(Chorus)
© Ronnie Van Zant and Garry Rossington

4 comments:

debi9kids said...

So glad you got to spend some time to yourself. It always does some good to clear your head & soul a bit time & again.
Love the song!
I love raising boys too! They are so easy! (now my girls...YIKES!)
:)
Debi

Shannon said...

Who's the artist? Love the lyrics. *tear* *sigh*. Man, I'm a cry baby!!

The Pastoral Princess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Pastoral Princess said...

Shannon it's Lynyrd Skynyrd...it has since been re-recorded by many, but the original can't be beat. I have added it to my plalist on the blog :0) Take a listen!